Sunday, March 16

TO DREAM



Last night I dreamed
and I had not dreamed in decades it seems
So my unconscious was making up for lost time
feeding my mind with every line that had ran through my mind over this fleeting time
it was almost like I was conscious and I seen it all before
It simply felt like dejavu was knocking at my door
my mind opened a one man, I mean one woman play
of the things I felt and found so hard to say......
at the conclusion of all that was said and felt
I feel to the floor on one knee and eyes swell
I dreamed of what I could be but hadnt achieved
I dreamed of lost role models snatched, and taken from me
I dreamed of small cells that bind the human soul
of living in a small 4 by 4, iron barred, non lite cage with a concrete floor
I dreamt of true love that made me soar
roses growing in concrete and wide open doors
no glass ceilings just room to explore
and more breathing room then my lungs could endure
I dreamt of walking and not hearing signs of chatter and slander from the tongue
of those who say they love me but with words will slaughter me at no cost
I dreamt of sitting among the stars and talking with icons of the past
and sitting on my mommas laugh while enjoying a good laugh
I dreamt of sitting by the bedside of my grandma without pain
laughing, and talking bout all the things I ususally would dare not say
I dreamt of a strong father figures that I could see
not only the one I look to in hopes that he will save me and set me free.....
I dreamt of GOD being accepted as the man of many names
no matter what you call him or the imagery you display he/she will always be the same
I dreamt of not being called a hypocrite because sometimes I talk a good talk
however you chop me down to size because I dont always walk the good walk
...insert, I am not perfect
I dreamt of being accepted as more than the girl who writes well, and talks a good talk
but the girl that bloomed in the bottom of a well deep and dark
I dreamt that karma was more than a notion, a hope, or dream but something that was real and would eventually come by and bless me
I dreamt of seeing my brother free rubbing the belly of his soon to be wife that carries his unborn seed
I dreamt of planned pregancies, happy weddings, financial stability, and dreams captured.....not pain, lost, and struggle being released on me from the vudo purse
I dreamt that I,
wasnt only strong believing and seeing only what I wanted to be seeing
but was seein reality and truth was cloaked over me.....
I dreamed that I could do more than dream and wasnt a victim who indulged in petty dreaming....
Yes I am a dreamer,
and this may be true but without dreams what would you do?
Last night I dreamed and I am thankful that I did.....It gave me more reason to believe that my destiny may not always be hid
and that soon enough I will come across my field that is plentiful with flowers, pufffy white clouds, people proudly dancing and life on high......Last night I dreamed....and it felt all to good, and I wouldnt take it back not even if I could

to DREAM

by E 'ink' Middleton


Enid 'ink' Middleton

1 comment:

Teems said...

This is my second time checking out your blog. Very nice. Just wanted to stop by and show some support. I'll stay tuned.

-Fatima