Thursday, October 25

Blessing in Disguise

I guess I can start by saying that this is a new day; I am happy for that much. However; its not all good today; I came in to work and found myself laid off due to budget crunches. Now if you have ever been laid off you can only imagine how this feels. I am a recent college grad, I got this job straight out of college--I actually started the day after graduation no break, no time off ; straight to the working world I trodded. I have been here for 5 months; through the summer, and during the most tumultuos time at the firm within that department. It has been interestsing but I guess it is now time to move on.

When I was told that today was my last day, I starred in the LBM's face as if she was a ghost; I could not understand. How do you lay someone off without considering that maybe just maybe you should give them a warning a day or two before you actually let them go. I was stunned; a part of me was bothered and to discuss my frustration would take forever; I cannot bear to recollect on such unpleasent moments. However; there was this larger part of me deep in the pit of my stomach and it floated up into my chest that felt differently. I could only say that my spirit was moving about me but the feeling was not upset; rage; or fear; it was a feeling of hope.

Many people find it hard to see the end as the beginning, but it is. It is the beginning of something else; there is no criteria that suggests that a new beginning is always positive; nor does it always step out on the good foot. A new beggining can be the result of something unfortunate like losing your job. Or it could be your desire and you leave your job.

Losing your job steps out on the bad foot; because sometimes we are not prepared. Leaving your job usually steps out on the good foot because you have made the decision tehrefore you should have prepared your steps. However; although today I was unprepared and should be stepping out on the bad foot; I feel like this is a blessing.


Maybe this change will give me time to do the things I want and maybe just maybe things will pick up so suddenly and successfully that I will never have to turn around again.


You see; I want to be a motivational speaker and author. However, to be such things you often need time to build and get out there. But, maybe just maybe the weeks ahead as I look for a new job will allow me to build a foundation for the career I seek/desire more than anything. So although this may have at first seemed like another turn of bad fortune my spirit has remained unmoved; it will not be broken. My spirit has risen for the occsision and is ready to beat the candy out of the penata. trust me when I say, "I am gonna swing my bat until all the treats come falling down."


Then she said, Let me find favour in thy sight, my lord; for that thou hast comforted me, and for that thou hast spoken friendly unto thine handmaid, though I be not like unto one of thine handmaidens. -Ruth 2:13

No comments: