Friday, October 19

Daily Meditation- Frustration

So this morning-- I woke up; blindly got dressed and stumbled out of the house at about 10am. I was late, frazzled, and quite frustrated. As I realized that holding on to this frustration may take my day on a downward spiral; I inhaled, exhaled and let the negative vibrations out. I got on the train; read; and strolled with no regard to time to my office. I refused to allow myself to become frustrated and ruin this height of optimism I had been resting on.
Now let me explain to you just why I was frustrated----BLOGGING. I have been trying to understand this thing and working on trying to figure out the best way to display my work; forgetting that I had so much work to turn over, edit, and categorize; I begun to lose my mind. Actually I am not ashamed to say; I think I was quite close to being admitted to the asylum, lol.

Sometimes we wing out and try new things. We are so unfamiliar with the complexity of what we have taking on that we become frazzled, overwhelmed, and frustrated. Now as if that energy was not enough in addition we are anxious, determined, and passionate [otherwise we would not even bother]. So do you see the problem yet? Our energy is getting thrown out of whack.
Its like being happy, sad, grieving, and excited all at the same time. Our energy is battling and our nerves are rattled; now what do we do. We start to panic or worse we start demanding these absurd results out of ourselves.

So I had identified the method to my madness now I had to find a solution or-- I would have been on the brink of a psychotic breakdown; I am quite sure of that. So how can we maintain this energetic overload and bring ourselves back down to a level in which we can manage our energy. Well I began to think about things that bring me peace and as I did that; strolled down the block; and took deep breathe after deep breathe; the energy waned down.

When you find yourself feeling like you are a candidate for a strait jacket; try some of the following things they work, believe me. I am so often overwhelmed with energy I have had to learn how to balance them.

  • Take a deep inhalation through your nose and exhale out of your mouth; or if you are walking like I was exhale out of your nose; however there is a catch. When you exhale you have to imagine all the toxic energy exiting your body; forcefully exhale releasing these energies until you feel relieved. you should feel as if you just dropped a couple pounds; if done right you will feel light as a feather. (note: toxic energy is not always the energies we associate with 'negativity'; toxic energy can be an immense amount of passion, if that is the case you have release some of that as well.)
  • If you are at home and have time. Brew a cup of tea; preferably peppermint, chamomile, and depending on your personality cinnamon. (recently I brewed a chamomile tea with a stick of cinnamon to calm my nerves and it gave me the most serene feeling I have every felt) As you drink your tea inhale the vapors and concentrate on the taste of your tea. As you swallow your tea close your eyes and breathe slowly. Trust me it is quite relaxing.
  • Last but not least if you are in motion. Distract yourself completely. This method may take a while depending on how much energy you are holding on to. look at the birds, the squirrels; all the creatures of nature. Look at them in awe and you should mellow out.

These are a couple of the things I do; that have worked for me. Many people probably do them as well but these three by far have achieved the most acclaim from me..

So the next time your on edge; take a break and mellow out.

No comments: