Friday, October 26

My God is Good

As you know from my last post I lost my job; but now I can confirm that it was truly a blessing in disguise. Today I got a call for a job interview at a better job; the poem I submitted for a contest with Poetry.com was advanced to semi-finals for a grand prize of $10,000 (maybe I will win) and I was offered my first paid speaking engagement. I will be speaking at Clinton Highschool in the Bronx with about 50 young ladies who are apart of a highschool club/sorority known as D.I.V.A.S. organized by a very dear sister of mine Isha Haley-James. So it is true God has plans.

The Lord does not lead us astray he takes us to the water and although we may think we are unprepared the Lord knows that the only preparation we need is Him. Having Faith in something bigger, outside of ourselves can map our course before we take a foot and step outside of our bed. The course has been planned; it is our free will and our faith-based actions which determine how long it will take us to get to where we are going.

In trouble waters serenity can be found; sometimes it may be at the deepest & bluest or it may be settling at top the waves but it is there. My peace is with me and as I said yesterday my faith is strong. I remain unmoved and focused on the where the Lord wants to take me.

Lastly, I want to share with you my poem which has received acclamation to move a head.

High Expectations
by Enid Roxsanne Middleton

I'm like a bird caught in an airduct
A mouse on a trap,
A dog on a leash I am not free
Trapped by the ways of this world
As materialistic as it seems
Possessed by greed
And demands to succeed
The expectation of conformity
Have made me a prisoner to this life I lead
At night I cant sleep I despise the person I see
I am bound to this life so selflessly
All I want is to be free
Cut my reins I will flee
And leave behind your expectations for me
no longer will I live selflessly
I must begin to live for me
In my attempt to free myself I leave these words behind
"I cannot be who you want me to be, but at least I tried."
Copyright ©2007 Enid Roxsanne Middleton

No comments: